Skills Inventory for Kids

I'm not above using tools to help me be a better father. I have found it helpful to use personality inventories and the love languages inventory, and I developed the following skills inventory to be used in a similar way:



I like to take my son or daughter out for breakfast one-on-one, have him/her fill-out the inventory, and then we discuss the results together. Inventories are an ice-breaker and they help me understand what makes each of my kids unique--the skills inventory helps me coordinate with them on "growing up".

The weakness with this tool as it stands is the lack of age appropriate language (my kids ask, "What's that supposed to mean?")--you can download this as an editable Word file and fix that problem, but I have found it useful even as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment